You will find below information with regard as to which data will be registered during your visit on our internet site, as well as to how this data will be used.
Every access to our internet pages and every access to any data stored on our internet pages will be recorded. The said storage is made for the system and statistical purposes. The following information will be stored: the name of the data accessed, the date and time of such access, the amount of data transferred, confirmation of successful access, web-browser and accessed domain / IP address(es).
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer's internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates. You have given permission when you have signed up for our newsletter and/or checked the ‘subscribe to newsletter box’ on our website.
Additional personal data shall only be recorded and stored in the event that such information is given by you in connection with your registration in and use of our internet shop.
Protection of your data
Our website is hosted on Lightspeed from a secure location, where all data transfers occur over a 256-bit SSL connection. In addition, data transfers between our online store and Lightspeed databases are encrypted. Personal information, including payment data and any private customer data, is transferred and stored in encrypted form.
We have signed an agreement for the processing of all parties who process personal data on behalf of us to agree on the purposes for which these processors may use the personal information, including to Lightspeed.
Lightspeed acts as a processor (CPU) of the personal data received by Lightspeed customers, as well as third party data concerning their customers. This means that Lightspeed must support BIS Publishers to ensure the processing of personal data remains secure and their primary responsibility is to ensure that they adequately protect all data of their customers. In addition, they will assist us in responding to requests for inspection, removal or alteration of personal data.
Your data may be shared within BIS Publishers. We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside of BIS Publishers. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services, such as shipping and handling. You can at any time request information on these parties and ask to anonymise your details.
Legal ground for processing
We will only use your personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data because we need to process the data to perform under our User Agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the Service. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Service that require such data: Contact information; User account information; Transaction Information; User Content.
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe doing so furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties: Contact information, user account information, log data. Examples of these legitimate interests include: Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services; marketing of our products and services; provision of customer support; protection from fraud or security threats; compliance with legal obligations; completion of corporate transactions.
- Consent: In some cases, we process personal data based on the consent you expressly provide to us at the time we collect such data, such as newsletter subscriptions.
Insofar as you shall have made personal data available, we shall use same only to answer your questions, to process closed and effective contracts as well as for technical administration. You hereby expressly agree that advertising material may be forwarded to the e-mail address you have given on our internet site(s).
Your personal data will only be made know to third parties for the purposes of either fulfilling any contract closed (and especially, in this regard, to any supplier fulfilling in whole or in part any such contract closed), for accounting/payment purposes or in the event that you shall have prior approved any party to whom such personal data is to be made known.
You have the right to withdraw and revoke your agreement to the above at any time hereunder (i.e. for the future, after such right of withdrawal is exercised). You have the right to access, to rectification, to erasure, to object to direct marketing. The notice of withdrawal is to be forwarded to: [email protected], or to BIS Publishers bv, Postjesweg 1, 1057 DT Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The deletion of the personal data saved shall occur when you shall recall you agreement to such saving of same, when we do not need to know anymore your personal data for the purposes we first stored it or when such saving is for other legal reasons not allowed.
You can always contact us directly at [email protected] if you have any additional requests or questions:
- Access: You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. We will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. If you have a BIS Publishers account you can edit your personal data under your account and membership pages.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Please note that this is not entirely applicable in the following circumstances:
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with BIS Publishers, regardless of the payment method
- If you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection with your transaction for bookkeeping rules. We can, however, anonymise your details.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of opt-in: You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out by following the instruction in marketing emails or by unchecking the ‘subscribe to newsletter box’ in your account.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.